If you answer yes, to most of the below questions, you just might make a good Plant Diagnostician or Plant Pathologist. And, yes, most of the following questions are based on my personal experience.
1. Was one of your favorite cartoons, "Scooby-Doo", and did you enjoy solving the mysteries?
2. Did Santa bring you a microscope as a child, and you liked it better than your "Cabbage Patch and Strawberry Shortcake" dolls?
3. Do you think outside the "Disease Triangle", instead of thinking "outside the box"?
4. Do you enjoy fungus? (enough said)
5. Have you taken more pictures of plant problems, than pictures of your own children?
6. Do you wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat, because you had a nightmare that 2 million plant samples have been submitted to the Plant Clinic and you have to diagnose all their problems by the end of the week?
7. Do you go on family trips to the zoo, and get yelled at by your spouse for spending too much time looking at the lesions on foliage near the lion's cage?
8. Can you identify plants by their plant diseases?
9. In Graduate school, were you referred to as a "fungi killer" by the Mycology students?
10. If given the choice between a vacation to a tropical paradise and a trip to National Plant Diagnostic Network (NPDN) meeting......what would you choose?